Founder, Shareholder, & President
Christopher J. Collins is a founder and shareholder and the president at Collins, Zorn, & Wagner. Chris has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been named an Oklahoma Super Lawyer. Chris has been a litigator in private practice since 1980. In 1996, Chris co-founded the firm and has greatly contributed to its development as one of Oklahoma’s most notable civil rights defense firms. His practice is focused in the areas of civil rights, employment law, and product liability.
Chris has dedicated his career to providing effective and efficient legal services to meet the distinctive needs of local governments. The firm’s philosophy is based on providing advice and representation that allows policymakers and boards to achieve their goals while minimizing legal risk. Chris has represented public agencies, including the majority of Oklahoma’s 77 county governments, a vast number of Oklahoma municipalities, as well as other public agencies. His experience is extensive in advising and representing public agencies on all areas of civil rights, employment law, and government operations. Chris has successfully defended against hundreds of allegations based on the use of excessive force, deadly force, police pursuit, search and seizure, jail suicide, inmate medical care, jail conditions, and general law enforcement liability.
He has practiced before the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of Oklahoma, and the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. In addition to practicing at the federal levels, Chris has represented public entities in the majority of the 77 Oklahoma State Courts, the Oklahoma Merit Protection Commission, the Office of Civil Rights Enforcement, and other local government administrative boards.
Chris has been a regular speaker on the topics of civil rights and employment law for many years with the Association of County Commissioners of Oklahoma and the Oklahoma Sheriffs’ Association.
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1980
- Central State University, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 1976
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Fellow of the Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- Defense Research Institute, Inc.
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Phi Delta Phi, University of Oklahoma College of Law
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Oklahoma Super Lawyer
- Cum Laude, Central State University
- Blueberry v. Comanche County Facilities Authority, — F.Supp. 3d. — (W. Dt. Okla. Apr. 2016)
- McEwen v. City of Norman, 926 F.2d 1539 (10th Cir. 1991)
- Parker v. Strong, 717 F. Supp. 767 (W. Dt. Okla. 1989)
- Speaker for the Association of County Commissioners of Oklahoma
- Speaker for the Oklahoma Sheriffs’ Association
- Speaker for the Oklahoma Bar Association
- Speaker for the Oklahoma District Attorneys Council
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel, Oklahoma Lawyers for America’s Heroes
- Chairman and Vice President, Jason C. Wagner Foundation
- Disaster Relief Worker for Moore, Oklahoma, 2013